Pumpkins, part two

If you read Pumpkins, part one, you know I don't really like pumpkins except as decoration and to roast and eat the seeds. Other than that my pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns usually rot outside on the front porch. This year I decided that instead of just throwing the pumpkin away I might as well try to make something since my husband does like pumpkiny treats. I wanted to go simple so this is what I did.


The pumpkin
I just sliced my pumpkin into pieces about one inch thick and two to three inches long.

blurry slices of pumpkin
adding flavor
I put the chunks in a bowl and tossed with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and sea salt.

onto a baking sheet
Then popped them in the oven at 400f for about 25 minutes. They look pretty good, right? Even I can admit that.
The finished product.
But I used wayyyyyy too much salt.  Oops. Hubby didn't even like them. Oh well, better luck next year. At least I still have my pumpkin seeds.

xoxo
stef

Comments