My new favorite mascara

WARNING! Creepy, close-up eye pics here! Also under-eye wrinkles! When did that happen??

Anyone who knows me knows I am a beauty junkie. Makeup and skincare products just get me excited! I have A LOT of makeup and am constantly researching and testing products. I know when something is good.

I have two HG (holy grail!) mascaras: Lights, Camera Lashes from Tarte Cosmetics ($19) and They're Real from Benefit Cosmetics($23). They are my HG products because they both give me major volume while curling and separating my lashes. They are dependable and never let me down. I will always use them.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme volumizing mascara
But recently I discovered a new HG mascara that does everything a mascara should but has an added bonus -- it's freakin' cheap! It is $2.99 at Walgreens and Kmart. It's the Best Lash Extreme volumizing mascara from Jordana Cosmetics.

Can I tell the difference between my $2.99 mascara and my fabulous, never-fail $20 mascaras? Yes. Can average Jane tell by looking at my peepers while having a casual convo? Probably not.

So next time you need mascara definitely pick this up, you have hardly anything to lose!


Now here are some mascara application tips from Stef:

  • If you have straight lashes, use an eyelash curler. That might have to go without saying, but I said it anyway.
  • If you have very straight, hard to curl lashes, hit your curler with a shot of hot air from your hair dryer. Just make sure it's not too hot before putting it close to your eye!
  • Clean any excess mascara from the wand before applying. You don't want any gloopy clumps! I just use a piece of paper instead of tissue because tissue sheds! Don't wipe the tip of the wand off into the mascara tube opening, that will just result in more old, masara gloopiness in the future.
  • When applying, think of your eyelashes like a 180 degree fan with three sections -- inner corner, middle, and outer corner and apply according, not just straight up and down. Of course your lashes aren't 180 degrees but if you tell them they are they will behave better.
  • Use more than one coat! After your first coat, dip the wand back into the tube and clean it off again. Let your lashes dry for about 30 seconds in between coats. You can fan them with your hands, but I just blow on them (kind of like your blowing hair out of your face, but aimed toward your lashes). This really helps build volume. I only ever do two coats but if you're ever going somewhere where you have to look extra pretty, go for three.
  • Optional final tip, get out your hair dryer again and on warm or cool, blast the air onto your lashes from the bottom. I feel like this just sets them and gives them extra lift.

two coats of Best Lash Extreme

Too much eyeball! But lots o' lashes!

Comments

  1. great post stef - can't wait to try jordana for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment