Bolognaloaf

Today I discovered something wonderful. I haven't blogged in forever but if this information isn't blogworthy I don't know what is.

Tonight I am watching Sixteen Candles for the eleventieth time and in the cafeteria scene (which, for some reason, is only in the tv version, not my VHS version...and here I have to say that the cafeteria scene is pointless and it's SO much better when the movie goes right from Sam saying "I hope whoever got the note doesn't know it was me who wrote it. I'd [spit] twice and die" and then cuts right to Jake "Do you know Samantha Baker?") I noticed something that I'd never seen before. When Sam and Randy are getting their lunch, right behind the cafeteria lady is a menu on the wall. A fabulous, hilarious menu! These are some of the items listed:


  • BOLOGNALOAF
  • CREAM OF LUNCH SOUP
  • BRISKET OF MEAT W/SAUCE
  • MEATBALL SALAD
  • SENIOR BURGER & FRIES
  • CHIPPED PORK ON BUN 
  • JUMBO FISHDOG
  • CORNARONI
  • GELATIN BALLS
  • CANNED BROWNIES IN LIGHT SYRUP
  • VITAMIN COBBLER
  • GRAPE BEVERADE
  • WARM MILK



This totally made my day and I have no idea how this has escaped my attention for 22 years.

xoxo stef

Comments

  1. Steph...you are right that is hilarious and takes me right back to the days of hot lunch in school!!!! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment