Fried rice

My favorite meal in the world is a nice teppanyaki meal at a Japanese restaurant. I love the hibachi steak, chicken, shrimp and veggies, and one of my favorite parts of the meal is the fried rice. In general it's not like I'm a huge rice lover, but the rice they serve at those Japanese hibachi restaurants is so yummy! I never would have even thought of making my own at home until my parents got a book called Top Secret Recipes where the author, Todd Wilbur, has created clone recipes of some of the dishes found at America's favorite restaurants. When I saw Benihana Japanese Fried Rice in the book and saw how simple it seemed to make, I tried it. And it was actually really good and I make it at home from time to time. Today was one of those times. Here are the steps:
saute about 1/2 an onion (or one tiny one) a bit of butter and oil

add steamed white rice, peas and carrots then mix everything together
push the rice mixture to one side of the pan and crack a couple of eggs into the other side. you'll fully cook the eggs while you scramble them and chop them up along the way.
mix the chopped up scrambled eggs into the rest of the rice then add soy sauce, salt and pepper and cook for several more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then that's it!  Fried rice!  YUM!

Comments