Health Nut

So recently I've been trying to eat healthier, mostly for optimum fertility. I've been drinking supersmoothies with SPINACH in them to get lots of folate. They are pretty tasty and it's a very easy way to get tons of fruits and veggies into my diet. I'm also supposed to be eating lots of nuts to raise my HDL (good cholesterol) but I am not a fan of almonds and walnuts, the healthiest nuts. So I've been making homemade granola to get them in. Granola is a great way to get fit in lots of good things in one meal/snack. I eat it with milk and a spoon and in one bowl I get OATS, ALMONDS, WALNUTS, SESAME SEEDS, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, PUMPKIN SEEDS and FLAX SEEDS. Sometimes I put coconut in it and dried cranberries just make it yummier.

I have also been reading about SPROUTING. You can soak nuts or seeds and get them to actually sprout and I guess the nutritional value is very elevated. So I tried it this weekend and now I have some sprouted BUCKWHEAT. But now I have no idea what to do with it...

Comments

  1. Love this post! It's fun to read about how you're getting those foods in that aren't always the most yummy tasting. I had read about sprouting too but decided I wasn't going to put the effort in at this point. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all your CAPITALIZATION to EMPHASIZE words. funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment