A Visit To The Country

Some of you may know that I come from a long line of hillbillies. My roots are in southern Missouri in the countriest part of the country I've ever been to. I have the sweetest old country granny there and Mark, Katie and I visited last week just for a day. I love to hear my Granny talk in her thick, country accent and every thing she says comes out humorous.

One of the best parts of the trip was meeting my five-year-old second cousin, Jared. He was just as country as Granny. Example: he went outside to play minigolf by himself. He didn't have a golf club so he used an axe that was as tall as he was. Oh boy.

But the very best part was when we went with Granny to let out her chickens. She also has two turkeys and my little fluffy puppy Fred did not like the way one of them ruffled his feathers.

Comments